August 4, 2014

Day 1 | The Elimination Diet

I'm following the elimination diet for 21 days and this is Day 1.
Today I started out with plenty of the following, in various combinations.

Breakfast
  • amaranth
  • strawberries
  • almonds 
  • almond milk 
Snack
  • mango with papaya & cashews
Lunch
  • cauliflower and garbanzo with ginger, mustard seed, onion, garlic, and coconut milk over rice
Snack
  • Rice cakes with avocado and sardine
Dinner
  • Apple-walnut-chicken salad on a bed of lettuce, with olive oil, salt & pepper
Snack
  • Rice cake with almond butter and mashed banana
So far so good...no cravings that I am noticing except maybe a little for the sugar & I am sprinkling extra salt. Must be careful there. My daughter ate almost everything I had too except the cauliflower and the breakfast. The meals have been good-tasting and satisfying. So far a squeeze of lime has been the only thing I've really missed. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome!